Invisalign vs Smile Direct Club: Comparisons and Alternatives
👋 Welcome, it's great to have you here. We sell aligners online and are happy to share our knowledge on the subject.
- Invisalign gives you IPR (good for a crowded teeth), X-Rays (good for catching periodontal issues), attachments (good for complex movements and hard to move teeth) and multiple visits to the dentist. Since they use IPR and attachments they won't protrude your teeth and focus on getting the best bite. High cost due to dentists time.
- Smile Direct Club has no IPR (bad for a crowded teeth), no X-Rays, no attachments and no dental supervision (remote only). They are perfect for closing gapped teeth and bad if your teeth are crowded (since they don't do IPR). Instead they will protrude your teeth and focus on your front social 6 teeth for visual appeal and less on your bite. Without IPR there isn't enough room so the teeth get pushed forward. They ship the product directly to you at a low cost.
- Easysmile is an alternative in-between Invisalign and Smile Direct Club. We give you an in-person licensed dentist evaluation, X-Rays (to catch any root problems), and IPR (to make room for your crowded teeth) but ship the aligners directly to you for the same cost as Smile Direct Club. It's a low cost solution without protruding teeth. However we can't do complex cases they would be better for Invisalign. Try our free 30-second assessment to see if you're a candidate.
Looking for a better smile? We all do! While some people are born with a perfect set of teeth, some of us could use a little improvement and help from professionals. The good news is that the dental industry is now filled with a rich array of options when it comes to solutions to straighten, whiten, and adjust gap in teeth. Two of the main options in the market, of which many consider are the front runners in the industry, are Invisalign and Smile Direct Club. How do they fair against each other? Is there a clear winner?
Invisalign vs Smile Direct Club - Similarities
First and foremost, it is important to look at the similarities of Invisalign and Smile Direct Club for comparison purposes.
Both of these companies offer the use of clear aligner trays.
The trays should be worn by the user to adjust and re-align your teeth, according to the specific types of issues that you have on your teeth. The goal for both of these solutions is to correct the positioning of your teeth. Both of these treatment options are also considered as great alternatives for traditional metal braces.
Invisalign vs Smile Direct Club - Differences
Now that you understand the similarities of both companies, it is important to look at the differences. Knowing their differences will enable you to choose which one can offer the best treatment for your dental problem. While they both use clear aligner trays to fix the teeth's positioning, they differ in terms of how the treatment plan is delivered.
The following are the major differences:
- Virtual Communication - With Smile Direct Club, they can provide a cheaper solution for fixing your dental problem because they rely on virtual communication. This can either be advantageous or disadvantageous, depending on how you look at the situation. If you despise visiting the dentist's office regularly, you will be happy to have the trays delivered to your home every few weeks or months. On the other hand, if visiting a dentist's office is not an issue, then you will definitely find the option that will enable you to personally consult and interact with your dentist or orthodontist more favorable. For most people, you'd prefer the option that will enable you to consult with a dental professional - and that is completely understandable. Make sure to know your options and how much access you have with a dental professional to help you make the right choice.
- Payment Options - This is another area wherein the two companies (Invisalign and Smile Direct Club) might differ. Many users appreciate the payment method offered by Smile Direct Club and other similar companies. Instead of paying a large lump bill, they are able to enjoy flexible monthly payment options that is easier on the budget and less stressful financially.
- Scanning and Impression - One of the major criticisms for companies like Smile Direct Club is in terms of the accuracy of getting dental impression. According to the detractors, asking users to take their dental impression without prior knowledge or experience is difficult and at risk of not getting it done right. Since majority of the treatment plan is based on the dental impression you provide, this is a crucial aspect of your treatment. Without an accurate dental impression, the quality of the treatment you get could also be compromised. This is one of the top risks of Smile Direct Club. This is why Invisalign competitors and companies like Smile Direct Club (such as Easysmile) will require at least one dental evaluation. At Easysmile, we have partnered with clinics around the world to ensure that our customers are able to get the best results without compromising on quality. This is how we can guarantee that even when you have access to affordable invisible aligners online, every aspect of the treatment is done under the supervision of a dental professional.
- Accountability - When you go to a dentist's office or you consult a professional orthodontist to fix the positioning of your teeth, the dental professionals will be on your case. There is no reason to slip up on your treatment because you are pushed to stick to your treatment program; otherwise, you won't be enjoying the results you want. On the other hand, companies like Smile Direct Club will make you accountable for your own progress in the treatment. It is completely up to you if you want to stick to the program or not! If you are not self-motivated and self-disciplined, Smile Direct Club is dangerous. This is why most dentists would say that any savings you make from this option will be for naught if you are lazy about keeping up with your treatments! If you belong to this category, then you might be better off with a dentist-run treatment program or else you'll run into Smile Direct problems - wasted money and time!
Invisalign vs Smile Direct Club - Length of Treatment
We live in an era wherein almost everything around you is automated. We value our time and convenience, so most people lean towards options that give them instant or faster results. The length of the treatment period is, therefore, one of the areas that you need to look into when deciding which is the better option between Invisalign and Smile Direct Club.
The treatment period for both Invisalign and Smile Direct Club varies according to the extent of the dental issues being fixed. With Invisalign, the average treatment period can take 12 to 18 months. When you use a fresh set of aligner tray, you won’t be able to see any changes to your teeth placement right away. However, you should see changes on the teeth alignment within the first two weeks of use, or around the second or third tray that you use. But in order to see significant changes, it might take a few months of treatment.
For Smile Direct Club, the length of treatment will also vary based on the extent and type of dental problem. Typically, it can last for 8 weeks to 5 months. The aligners are changed every few weeks as your teeth start to shift and you need adjust the fit accordingly.
Importance of Proper Positioning of Teeth
Why is there a need to invest a lot of money and time to correct the position of your teeth? Is this procedure all about enhancing the cosmetic appearance of your teeth? Discover the benefits of using clear aligners from Invisalign or Smile Direct Club and why it is important for your oral health reasons, not just cosmetically.
Best Invisalign Accessories
When most people decide to get invisible aligners, most of them would think that getting the clear aligners would be it – all you have to do is wait for the treatment period to be over. But in order to facilitate in achieving the results of this teeth straightening solution, you need to learn about the best invisalign accessories that you must use. You can also get Smile Direct Club attachments to go with your kit, depending on your specific dental case and what kind of treatment plan is recommended for you.
One of the things that you need is an extra aligner case. With removable aligners, it is very common for people to take it off while eating or brushing their teeth. If you are on-the-go, it is a good idea to carry an extra case so you have somewhere to keep your tray when not in use.
Aside from an extra case for your removable aligners, denture cleaners are also a must. You are not supposed to brush the trays. The use of toothpaste is not recommended either because it can cause discoloration on the trays, while the bristles can lead to scratches. The use of cleaning crystals is a good option for anyone who wants to keep their trays looking good as always.
Most orthodontists would also recommend using invisalign chewies. This is recommended when you are switching out your trays to a new one. By chewing on this product, it helps to ensure that the fit of your aligner is good and tight.
IPR Dental Meaning
Are you curious about the IPR dental meaning? When you are searching for the best solution for your misaligned or crooked teeth, you probably encountered the acronym IPR quite often.
IPR stands for interproximal reduction, which is a term that was popularized by Invisalign’s Align Technology. It can also be referred to using other terms such as Cosmetic Tooth Contouring, but they all mean the same – modifying the enamel using a number of slenderizing techniques. The process of reducing the enamel surface is designed to create more space in between teeth, which is common when you have tooth crowding. When you are in search of the best invisalign alternative in the market, make sure it can offer IPR, along with dentist evaluation.
How is Invisalign Better than Smile Direct?
There is no way to determine if Invisalign is better than Smile Direct. The better answer to the question “How is Invisalign better than Smile Direct?” is that it varies on a case-to-case basis. If you have simple to moderate cases of crooked or misaligned teeth, Smile Direct is a good option because you can supervise your own treatment at home. But for more severe cases or serious dental issues, Invisalign might be better for you.
Ultimately, it boils down to your personal preference. If you prefer having a professional evaluation during your treatment, Invisalign is a better option between the two. But if you prefer the convenience of your aligner trays being sent to your home address, then Smile Direct Club earns the edge. If overall cost is a factor for you and you want the more affordable option, Smile Direct Club is the better option but you can get more out of your treatment with Invisalign, as long as you can afford this treatment.
But are Invisalign and Smile Direct Club your only options?
With the advent of online companies that offer affordable and convenient way to get your clear aligners at home, so did rise the demand for these types of services.
Easysmile is also a good alternative because you can get consultation from professionals such as dentists, or perform IPR (when needed). In fact, about 85% of our clients need IPR done (mostly due to crowding teeth). We refuse to take the shortcut when it comes to fixing your teeth and we believe this is in the best interest of our clients. As mentioned above, we are partnered with clinics from all over the world to ensure that you can get professional dental evaluation to guarantee that the treatment we recommend will produce results.
We can all agree that the end result is the most important part of the whole process. You need to ask yourself this question: which method can produce the best outcome? There are a few scenarios wherein the Smile Direct Club method will bring superior results over Invisalign and many other Smile Direct Club competitors. After all, the latter (just like Easysmile) will enable you to access the opinion and expertise of a professional, and not a “set-it-and-forget-it” kind of treatment plan.
Whether you choose Invisalign or Smile Direct Club, it is a good practice to keep a record of your dental history. Invisalign and Easysmile encourage you to take into account your dental history when choosing the right treatment plan. In fact, at Easysmile, our dental experts will look into your case and use your mold (as well as the information you provide during your smile assessment) to determine if they can provide a treatment solution for your case. This is how you can ensure that your smile is fixed and you truly enjoy great value for your money.
Best Invisalign Alternative - Easysmile
Smiling’s never been so easy.
That is the tagline for Easysmile and our company is committed to making this a reality in your life. We understand that your smile is important to your overall personality and a great smile will also give you confidence. That is why we have offered a solution that is 60% cheaper than traditional braces and without the pain and unaesthetic look! Whether you want to straighten or whiten your teeth, Easysmile makes the best Invisalign alternative. While most people are engrossed about smile direct vs invisalign, there are more options out there.
It offers the best of both worlds, making it a good alternative for any of these two companies. It can provide you with custom fit clear aligner trays that you can use to straighten your teeth without making it visible to others. At the same time, a smile assessment is done in order for our dental professionals to gather information about your dental problem. Aside from a professional dentist evaluation, we can also provide IPR or interproximal reduction. This is the practice of removing enamel from your teeth in order to combat teeth crowding, or reshape the teeth that are in contact with each other.
This is how you can ensure that you don’t just fix your misaligned teeth. Easysmile aims to provide an all-in-one dental solution to make your dream smile come true! If you are ready to get started, feel free to try our 30-second smile assessment today.
While the market is saturated with companies like smile direct club and Invisalign, it is important to choose only the ones that operate under the supervision of a dental professional.
Smile Direct Club vs Invisalign FAQs
Are you new to using either Invisalign or Smile Direct Club? This is a list of the frequently asked questions so you can get the information you need:
How is Invisalign better than Smile Direct Club?
Both treatment options have their own merit. However, Invisalign gets the edge because of the professional evaluation and consulting involved during the treatment period.
How long does Smile Direct Club take to be effective?
The treatment period for Smile Direct Club varies on a case-to-case basis. It can take as little as 8 weeks or up to 6 months. After that, you will be evaluated if the treatment should continue or not.
Are there other companies like Smile Direct Club?
Yes. But you have to carefully consider each company you choose to ensure that you can get products that are recommended by expert dentists or orthodontics. For this reason, Easysmile is a good option because we offer the best of what Invisalign and Smile Direct Club can offer – affordable treatment plans, convenient shipping of aligner trays, and access to dental professionals.
What is the average cost of Smile Direct Club?
Smile Direct Club is less expensive than Invisalign as the average cost sits around $2,000 but it varies based on the extent of the fix required. The cost is the major difference between Smile Direct and Invisalign.
How do I know if Smile Direct Club is right for me?
A dental impression or 3D image of your teeth is required before your custom aligners are produced. This will be evaluated if Smile Direct Club can fix your dental problem and how. Only the experts can determine the best and safest treatment option available to you.
Have you tried using Invisalign or Smile Direct Club? If not, what other companies like Smile Direct Club have you tried using?